The mission of Woodford County Emergency Management (EM) Agency is to assist the community to identify threats within the cities and county, write emergency plans, to coordinate response and recovery efforts, and to coordinate mitigation. Through planning and education Woodford EM helps to prepare Woodford County residents, businesses, and government agencies for threats from weather (including tornados and snow storms) as well as man-made or technological emergencies (including hazardous materials spills).
PROTECT YOUR FAMILY
Life is the single most important thing worth protecting and the life of your family can be preserved in an emergency with three simple steps.
- Make a family emergency plan and teach all members their responsibilities.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit to make your family self-sufficient for several days.
- Get involved in Kentucky’s various training and volunteer program opportunities.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS
Every business should have an emergency plan. It can save lives, company assets, and your business. Continuity planning must account for all hazards.
- Plan to stay in business: Be informed and know how to make decisions on whether to stay or go.
- Talk to your people: Involve people from all levels and most importantly, practice the plan.
- Protect your investment: Policies vary, meet with your provider to review coverage.